Monday, May 7, 2012

New Content from Liquid Health

http://www.liquidhealthinc.com/node/91 Need to shed the weight before
swimsuit season? With summer just a short time away, there are lots of people
who are looking for ways to shed the weight they want to lose before getting
in a swimsuit. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t also interested in this
topic, so let the research begin! There are the 2 very obvious answers when
it comes to losing weight: diet and exercise. In 2008 the US Department of
Health and Human Services released its Physical Activity Guidelines for
Americans. The first chapter of this document states: “Being physically
active is one of the most important steps that Americans of all ages can take
to improve their health.” Obviously being healthy is something we should
all aspire for and luckily, being able to shed the weight is usually a
byproduct of being more physically active. Here are the key guidelines for
adults (paraphrased) from Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans: 1.) All
adults should avoid inactivity. 2.) Adults should do at least 150
minutes/week of moderate-intensity physical activity. 3.) For more extensive
health benefits, adults should increase their activity to 300 minutes/week.
4.) Muscle-strengthening activities that involve all major muscle groups
should be done on 2 or more days/week. In addition to being more physically
active, another component that will help you shed the weight you need to, is
to eat a healthier diet. I recently started writing down what I eat every
day. Not necessarily to count calories (though I usually tally it up at the
end of the day), but I just wanted to be more aware of what I eat a lot of
(carbs/fruit) and what I need to eat more of (protein [1]/veggies), so I
could make adjustments where needed. I think most of us grew up learning
about healthy eating from the food pyramid. In 2011 the USDA changed from the
pyramid to a “healthy plate” to help teach children and families about
portions and eating balanced meals. The plate is divided into 4 sections:
veggies, grains, fruits, proteins. Veggies and grains have larger sections,
and then there’s a little side of dairy. I believe if we all strive to
balance our meals in this manner, we would have no trouble being able to shed
the weight we’re desperate to lose. It seems to me everyone has their own
opinion as to the perfect balance of these two things to lose the most
weight. Some people say “it’s 80% diet and 20% exercise” – other
people say “when I work out consistently I don’t have to watch what I eat
and I still shed the weight” – just remember whatever “magical”
formula works for one person, may not for you. Everyone’s body is different
and responds in different ways, so don’t get frustrated if working out or
diet alone does not make the pounds melt off. I, for one, know I need to do
both (with a heavy emphasis on diet) if I want to lose any significant amount
of weight, while my husband can think about working out and lose 5 lbs
(frustrating, huh?) Try and remember that it’s not a competition (unless
you’re actually IN a weight loss competition!) Work hard, stay consistent
and think positive. Be more active, eat healthier and if you make good
choices you’ll be rewarded in the long run!

[1] http://www.liquidhealthinc.com/hydro-protein-collagen-whey-casein-low-carb-hi...http://liquidhealth.posterous.com/new-content-from-liquid-health-68556 http://www.liquidhealthinc.com/node/91 Need to shed the weight before swimsuit season? With summer just a short time away, there are lots of people who are looking for ways to shed the weight they want to lose before getting in a swimsuit. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t also interested in this ... http://liquidhealth.posterous.com

No comments:

Post a Comment